- I would start by downloading Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7. It has alot of updates that track and prevent spyware.
- Additionally you could download the Yahoo ToolBar which has a spyware protection as well.
- For standalone freeware try Spybot or Adaware.
- Another step that I have found that really helps, if you know roughly the date when your computer was infected, if you are running Windows XP you can do a system restore at a time a week before when you thought you got the spyware. This will take care of the problem as well.
- If you find that your computer is really messed up the best thing to do is to back up your data, format the hard drive and then re-install windows.
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Top five tips on dealing with Spyware