Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Investing In Africa - Emerging Markets


Investing In Africa - Emerging Markets

I read an interesting article in BusinessWeek about investing in Africa.    Africa may be one of the remaining emerging markets in the world.  The article points out how charity in the past has not really changed the face of Africa however greed might change it.  When they say greed they mean people investing in the region for a return on their investment.  It made me think about all of the other emerging markets from Brazil to Russia and China to India they have all had outstanding runs on their stock markets.  I frankly feel that China may have run its course and could be headed for a bubble.  There is an awful lot of speculation in China and I think the market has gone up like 100% in the last year.

So how do you invest in Africa?  At this time it really isn't easy to invest in Africa.  I did some research on EFTs for Africa however it did not appear to have an EFT either in Powershares or iShares?  So stay tune and if you know of a way to investing in Africa let me know and I will update the post.

No comments: